Complimentary subscriptions or licenses are provided via coupon codes that have a 100% discount applied to them. To use them, you need to follow the normal purchase process, making sure that you apply the discount coupon on the check out page before checking out.
The following walks you through the steps for obtaining a complimentary annual subscription for an IntelliJ IDEA individual license
1. Select the product, type of subscription and duration from the corresponding Buy page by clicking on the Buy button. It is important to make sure that you're selecting the correct product for which the coupon is valid. For instance, a complimentary subscription for an Individual IntelliJ IDEA license will not work with a Commercial IntelliJ IDEA subscription.
2. Start the purchase process, entering an email account. If you already have purchased in the past, you can use the same email address.
3. If you are a new customer, select Country
4. Verify the product is correct.
5. Click on the link Have a discount code?
6. Enter the provided discount coupon
7. Verify that the coupon has been applied correctly. If it's 100% discount, it will remove the payment details from the form, and your total amount should be 0.
8. Enter your personal details and click on the Place Order button
Your order should be confirmed, and you will receive further instructions on how to activate your subscription or obtain your license.