This feature can help you, if you have several JetBrains Accounts (such as a personal account, a work account, or a school account) with different licenses associated with each of them.
Instead of constantly switching between accounts, you can link several email addresses to a single JetBrains Account (let’s call it the primary account) to collect all your licenses in one place.
After linking, you'll be able to use the email address from your primary account to log in to JetBrains products and activate:
- Personal licenses you purchased with this account and all linked emails
- Licenses assigned by your organization to this account and all linked emails
How to link an additional email address to your JetBrains Account
Step 1. Add the additional email address to your primary account
Log in to the JetBrains Account that you want to make your primary account.
Once logged in, click Your Account at the top of the page; then click Linked emails.
Enter the email address you want to link to this account in the corresponding field and click Link This Email.
Step 2. Verify the email address
We’ll send a verification email to the address you specified on the previous step. Check your inbox and click the verification link.
Once verification is completed, the licenses assigned to or purchased with the linked email address will appear in your primary JetBrains Account.
Step 3. Accept the agreements
If you haven’t already accepted the agreements for the licenses associated with the linked email address, you will be asked to do so on the Licenses page of your primary account. This may happen, for example, if the licenses were purchased via a reseller.
Such licenses will only become available after you’ve accepted the agreements.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our sales team.
- You can link up to three different email addresses to one account.
- One email address can only be linked to one account.
- Disposable email addresses aren’t allowed.
How to unlink an email address from your account
You can unlink the additional email addresses from your primary JetBrains account at any time.
To do so, log in to your primary account and click Your Account at the top of the page. Go to Linked emails and click Unlink next to the email address you want to unlink.
How linking affects your accounts
When you link an additional email address, your primary JetBrains account only gets access to licenses purchased with or assigned to this address. Settings, personal data, and payment methods saved in different accounts aren’t merged.
Managing licenses for an organization
If you link an email address that was used to purchase licenses for an organization, these licenses won’t be displayed in your primary account.
If the JetBrains Account registered with the linked email address has administrator permissions for an organization or a team, these permissions aren’t shared with your primary account. Licenses from such teams and organizations don’t appear in your primary account, unless they are assigned directly to the linked email address.
Email communications from JetBrains
Your consent to email communications from JetBrains is configured separately for each JetBrains Account. These settings aren’t shared with your primary account when you link an additional email address to it.
- Your primary account only gets access to licenses associated with email addresses linked directly to it: If you link the email address from account A to account B, and then link the email address from account B to account C, you won’t see licenses associated with account A in account C.
- Authentication: If some of the licenses associated with the linked email address belong to an organization that has 2-factor authentication (2FA) enabled, your primary account will also be forced to use 2FA until you unlink this email.
- Changing of the email address in your JetBrains Accounts: If you change the email address in a linked account, you’ll no longer see the licenses associated with this account in your primary account. You’ll need to unlink the old email address from your primary account and then link the new one to it.