Licensing Model Overview
Our Licensing Model and JetBrains Toolbox
- What are the "redistributable products" that are mentioned in the Toolbox Subscription Agreement?
- What is our licensing model?
- What is JetBrains Toolbox?
- What licensing model applies to each product?
- Subscription-based licensing model vs. perpetual licensing model
- What is a perpetual fallback license?
License Types and Users
- Can I use Community Editions of JetBrains IDEs for developing commercial proprietary software?
- What is the difference between commercial and personal licenses?
- Can I use my personal license for commercial development?
- Does a personal license have limited features compared to a commercial license?
- Can a company purchase or reimburse a personal license?
- Can I use my personal license at work and at home?
Discounts and Special Programs
- What is a Classroom License and who qualifies for one?
- What is an OSS development license and who qualifies for one?
- What is a continuity discount?
- Do you offer free educational licenses for students and teachers?
- Do you offer startup discounts?
- Do you offer special pricing for government institutions?
Making a Purchase
- How do you deliver licenses?
- Do you ship any physical products?
- Why do you need my address if you don't ship products?
- I completed my online order and received confirmation. When will I get my license?
- I did not receive a license purchased online. Where is my license?
- My company has placed a purchase order. When will we receive our licenses?
Managing Licenses and Products Information
- How do I turn my evaluation into a paid license?
- How to Install and Activate ReSharper?
- How do I activate and use my perpetual fallback license?
- What happened to dotTrace, dotCover, and dotMemory?
- Can I buy just ReSharper or ReSharper C++?
- What licensing terms apply to TeamCity, YouTrack, and Upsource?
Upgrades and Renewals
- How do I set up automatic renewal for a personal subscription?
- How do I update the credit card information used for automatic renewals?
- Where do I download the latest (or previous) versions of JetBrains products?
- Can I renew my upgrade subscription on a perpetual license?
- Will previous versions and releases be supported under the new Subscription-based model?
- What if my credit card expires when I have subscription?
- What is a reseller?
- How do I find a local reseller?
- How do I become a JetBrains reseller?
- What kind of margin do you offer?
- I have received a quote from JetBrains, can I get the same pricing from a reseller?
- How does a customer get their license certificate when purchasing from a reseller?
JetBrains Account Help
What is JetBrains Account?
Purchasing and Upgrading
Delivery of license after purchase
Activating your JetBrains software
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
- Enable two-factor authentication
- How can I turn off 2FA?
- Login to your JetBrains Account after setting up 2FA
- What happens if I lose my phone with my authenticator application?
- I don’t have access to my recovery codes or authenticator application, what now?
- I don’t have access to my recovery codes or authenticator application to access my Educational license, what now?
Using JetBrains Accounts in Organizations
JetBrains Account FAQ
- Can I change the language of my JetBrains Account notification emails?
- Why use the JetBrains Account?
- Do I need an internet connection to activate JetBrains software with my JetBrains Account?
- Do I need an Internet connection to use JetBrains software activated with my JetBrains Account?
- Can I use the same JetBrains Account for both personal and company licenses?
Roles and permissions
Assigning and revoking licenses
Managing organization profiles
In Focus: JetBrains Academy
- What is JetBrains Academy?
- How is JetBrains Academy different from other learning platforms?
- Do I need to know programming to use JetBrains Academy?
- Do I need a paid license for a JetBrains tool to start using JetBrains Academy?
- Do I need a credit card to sign up for a trial subscription?
- What license options are available?
In Focus: Code With Me
In Focus: Space Cloud
- What are the subscription options for Space Cloud?
- What Space Cloud subscription plan should I choose for my organization?
- How do we transfer from the EAP/Beta to Space Cloud 2020 with the release?
- How do I upgrade to a Space Cloud paid plan?
- If I run out of resources (computation credits, storage, data transfer), how do I get more?
- Space Cloud Billing Model
In Focus: Space On-Premises
- Space On-Premises Billing Model
- What are the subscription options for Space On-Premises?
- How long can I use the free Beta license for Space On-Premises?
- How do we transition from the Beta to the general availability version of Space On-Premises?
- Which Space On-Premises subscription plan should I choose for my organization?
- What is the difference between Space Cloud and Space On-Premises?
In Focus: YouTrack Cloud
- Does JetBrains offer any volume discounts for YouTrack Cloud?
- Helpdesk pricing and licensing
- I have a small team but many reporters (e.g. customer inquiries, bug reports, etc.) — do I really need a user account for each reporter?
- Do I need a JetBrains Account to use YouTrack Cloud?
- I'm using a YouTrack Cloud trial subscription. How do I subscribe to a commercial plan?
- How can I pay for YouTrack Cloud?
In Focus: YouTrack Server
- Does JetBrains offer any volume discounts for YouTrack Server?
- What’s included in the license?
- Helpdesk pricing and licensing
- If I need several YouTrack installations, may I use the same license for all of them?
- I have an expired YouTrack Server subscription. Can I renew it now for the discounted price?
- How do I add more users to my YouTrack Server subscription?
In Focus: ReSharper
In Focus: TeamCity
- Does JetBrains offer any volume discounts for TeamCity?
- When moving from a TeamCity Professional Server license to an Enterprise Server license, do we need to upgrade the software?
- Can we purchase Build Configurations without purchasing Build Agent licenses?
- Can we upgrade to higher number of Build Agents on an expired Enterprise Server license?
- Is it possible to upgrade Build Agent licenses to an Enterprise Server license?
Free educational licenses for students and teachers
- Who is eligible for free individual educational licenses?
- I am a student in an online course, bootcamp, training class, or similar program. Am I eligible for a free license?
- I’m an instructor at a training company, bootcamp, online course, or similar program. Am I eligible for a free license? Can my students get free licenses?
- I work at an accredited educational institution, and we would like to get licenses for the development of internal projects or services. Are we able to use free educational licenses for this purpose?
- How do I apply for a free educational license?
- What types of supporting documents should I provide?
- My license request was rejected. What could be wrong?
- My institutional email address is blocked. How should I apply for a license?
- My institutional email address is not accepted. Can I still apply?
- I teach at a high school, college, or university and would like to use JetBrains tools in my classes. Unfortunately, my students don’t have access to institutional email addresses. What should I do?
- How do I activate my license and start using the software?
- Can I download an activation code and activate my educational license offline?
- My account page states that I don’t have a license available. What could be wrong?
- I’m a student, and I work part-time. Can I use my free educational license for my work, apprenticeship, or internship projects?
- Can I use my educational license on several computers?
- Is a free educational license perpetual?