Licensing Model Overview
Our Licensing Model and JetBrains Toolbox
- What are the "redistributable products" that are mentioned in the Toolbox Subscription Agreement?
- What is our licensing model?
- What is JetBrains Toolbox?
- What licensing model applies to each product?
- Subscription-based licensing model vs. perpetual licensing model
- What is a perpetual fallback license?
License Types and Users
- Can I use Community Editions of JetBrains IDEs for developing commercial proprietary software?
- What is the difference between commercial and personal licenses?
- Can I use my personal license for commercial development?
- Does a personal license have limited features compared to a commercial license?
- Can a company purchase or reimburse a personal license?
- Can I use my personal license at work and at home?
Discounts and Special Programs
- What is a Classroom License and who qualifies for one?
- What is an OSS development license and who qualifies for one?
- What is a continuity discount?
- Do you offer free educational licenses for students and teachers?
- Do you offer startup discounts?
- Do you offer special pricing for government institutions?
Making a Purchase
- How do you deliver licenses?
- Do you ship any physical products?
- Why do you need my address if you don't ship products?
- I completed my online order and received confirmation. When will I get my license?
- I did not receive a license purchased online. Where is my license?
- My company has placed a purchase order. When will we receive our licenses?
Managing Licenses and Products Information
- How do I turn my evaluation into a paid license?
- How to Install and Activate ReSharper?
- How do I activate and use my perpetual fallback license?
- What happened to dotTrace, dotCover, and dotMemory?
- Can I buy just ReSharper or ReSharper C++?
- What licensing terms apply to TeamCity, YouTrack, and Upsource?
Upgrades and Renewals
- How do I set up automatic renewal for a personal subscription?
- How do I update the credit card information used for automatic renewals?
- Where do I download the latest (or previous) versions of JetBrains products?
- Can I renew my upgrade subscription on a perpetual license?
- Will previous versions and releases be supported under the new Subscription-based model?
- What if my credit card expires when I have subscription?
- What is a reseller?
- How do I find a local reseller?
- How do I become a JetBrains reseller?
- What kind of margin do you offer?
- I have received a quote from JetBrains, can I get the same pricing from a reseller?
- How does a customer get their license certificate when purchasing from a reseller?
Administrator quick-reference guide
Assign a license
Revoke a license and reassign it to another user
Add or remove administrators
Cancel a subscription
Enable or disable auto renewals
Update the credit card used for auto renewals
In Focus: JetBrains Academy
- What is JetBrains Academy?
- How is JetBrains Academy different from other learning platforms?
- Do I need to know programming to use JetBrains Academy?
- Do I need a paid license for a JetBrains tool to start using JetBrains Academy?
- Do I need a credit card to sign up for a trial subscription?
- What license options are available?
In Focus: Code With Me
In Focus: Space Cloud
- What are the subscription options for Space Cloud?
- What Space Cloud subscription plan should I choose for my organization?
- How do we transfer from the EAP/Beta to Space Cloud 2020 with the release?
- How do I upgrade to a Space Cloud paid plan?
- If I run out of resources (computation credits, storage, data transfer), how do I get more?
- Space Cloud Billing Model
In Focus: Space On-Premises
- Space On-Premises Billing Model
- What are the subscription options for Space On-Premises?
- How long can I use the free Beta license for Space On-Premises?
- How do we transition from the Beta to the general availability version of Space On-Premises?
- Which Space On-Premises subscription plan should I choose for my organization?
- What is the difference between Space Cloud and Space On-Premises?
In Focus: YouTrack Cloud
- I have a small team but many reporters (e.g. customer inquiries, bug reports, etc.) — do I really need a user account for each reporter?
- Do I need a JetBrains Account to use YouTrack Cloud?
- I'm using a YouTrack Cloud trial subscription. How do I subscribe to a commercial plan?
- How can I pay for YouTrack Cloud?
- If I choose a monthly subscription, do I have to place an order every month?
- I have a monthly subscription. Can I switch to yearly subscription?
In Focus: YouTrack Server
- What’s included in the license?
- If I need several YouTrack installations, may I use the same license for all of them?
- I have an expired YouTrack Server subscription. Can I renew it now for the discounted price?
- How do I add more users to my YouTrack Server subscription?
- How do I renew my YouTrack subscription and get updates and support again?
- I’m a YouTrack Server customer and I had an active subscription before August 1, 2020. Which user packs are available to me?
In Focus: ReSharper
In Focus: TeamCity
- When moving from a TeamCity Professional Server license to an Enterprise Server license, do we need to upgrade the software?
- Can we purchase Build Configurations without purchasing Build Agent licenses?
- Can we upgrade to higher number of Build Agents on an expired Enterprise Server license?
- Is it possible to upgrade Build Agent licenses to an Enterprise Server license?
JetBrains Account Help
What is JetBrains Account?
Purchasing and Upgrading
Delivery of license after purchase
2FA (Two Factor Authentication)
- Enable two-factor authentication
- How can I turn off 2FA?
- Login to your JetBrains Account after setting up 2FA
- My regular password or one-time password doesn't work in my IDE
- What happens if I lose my phone with my authenticator application?
- I don’t have access to my recovery codes or authenticator application, what now?
Using JetBrains Accounts in Organizations
JetBrains Account FAQ
- Can I change the language of my JetBrains Account notification emails?
- Why use the JetBrains Account?
- What is the difference between a team profile and an organization profile?
- Do I need an Internet connection to activate JetBrains software with my JetBrains Account?
- Do I need an Internet connection to use JetBrains software activated with my JetBrains Account?
- Can I use the same JetBrains Account for both personal and company licenses?