Submit a request
Licensing and Purchasing FAQ
New Licensing Model and JetBrains Toolbox
What is changing?
What is JetBrains Toolbox?
Which products are affected?
Who is impacted by these changes?
How is the new model different from the existing upgrade subscriptions model?
What is perpetual fallback license?
What are the benefits of the new model for customers?
How do I manage and distribute licenses within my organization?
What constitutes an Existing Customer Discount?
Will I be able to purchase before November 2nd 2015?
What are the new prices?
How will this impact existing customers with an upgrade subscription?
How will this impact existing customers without an upgrade subscription?
Does this affect existing software purchased under a perpetual license?
What happens to dotTrace, dotCover and dotMemory?
Can I still buy ReSharper and ReSharper C++?
Does this change apply to server products such as TeamCity, YouTrack and Upsource?
What products exactly are available in the All Products plan?
Can several products be used at the same time with the All Products plan?
Will I be able to upgrade my perpetual license to a new perpetual license or renew my upgrade subscription?
Are there volume discounts with the new licensing model?
Does the new model demand that I have Internet access?
Will JetBrains support previous versions and releases under the new Subscription model?
Will I be able to use the JetBrains License Server?
How can I see my existing licenses and conditions?
How will these changes affect educational licenses?
How does this affect purchasing from Resellers?
Will I be able to use the new licensing model with older versions of the products?
Is this change worldwide?
Will I still receive a physical key to activate my license?
License Types and Users
1. What is the difference between commercial and personal licenses?
2. Can I use my personal license for commercial development?
3. Is a personal license limited in features compared to a commercial license?
4. Can a company purchase a personal license?
5. Can a company reimburse my personal license purchase?
6. Can I use my personal license at work and at home?
7. Can my company use my personal license?
8. Can I use a commercial license purchased by my company at home?
9. Can I use my personal license on multiple machines?
10. Can multiple employees use the same commercial license?
11. Can we assign our commercial license to another employee?
12. We have 10 developers. How many commercial licenses do we need?
13. We are a company with multiple users. Do you offer a site license?
14. Can a company transfer their commercial licenses to another company?
15. How can I manage my licenses, orders, etc.?
Making a Purchase
1. What is my customer ID and where do I find it?
2. What payment cards do you accept?
3. Can I pay via PayPal?
4. Can I pay by bank/wire transfer?
5. Do you accept cheques?
6. Do you accept purchase orders?
7. What's the difference between a proforma and purchase invoice?
8. Can I pay my online order by wire transfer or cheque?
9. Can I pay my purchase order by credit card?
10. Can I purchase your products from resellers?
11. Can I pay in a foreign currency?
12. What if I haven't received an invoice for my order?
13. Why was my credit card was rejected? What should I do?
Upgrades and Renewals
1. What is an upgrade subscription?
2. What if I don't renew my upgrade subscription?
3. Can I renew my subscription before (or after) it expires?
4. Does my license qualify for a free upgrade?
5. What version is my license valid for?
6. The program says "invalid license key", or I get an error message.
7. How do I know when my subscription will expire?
8. What is a version-based license?
9. Where do I download the latest (or previous) versions of your products?
Discounts and Special Pricing
1. Do you offer free licenses for students and teachers?
2. Do you offer start-up discounts?
3. Do you offer special pricing for government institutions?
4. Do you offer discounts for switching from a competitor's product?
5. Do you offer volume discounts?
6. Can I receive a discount based on accumulated purchases?
1. How do you deliver licenses?
2. Do you ship any physical product?
3. Why do you need my address if you don't ship products?
4. I completed my online order and received confirmation. When will I get my license?
5. I did not receive a license purchased online. Where is my license?
6. My company has placed a purchase order. When will we receive our licenses?
7. I just paid a proforma invoice. How long will it take to deliver my license?
1. Should I pay VAT?
2. Is withholding tax applicable to my purchase?
In Focus: ReSharper 9
1. What's changed with version 9?
2. What is ReSharper Ultimate?
3. What if I need ReSharper to support both .NET languages and C++?
4. How do I upgrade to ReSharper 9?
5. Can I upgrade my existing ReSharper Full/C#/VB.NET Edition license to ReSharper Ultimate?
6. Can I upgrade my existing dotTrace/dotCover/dotMemory license to ReSharper Ultimate?
7. What about free updates for ReSharper Ultimate or ReSharper C++?
In Focus: YouTrack InCloud
1. Do I need a JetBrains Account to use YouTrack InCloud?
2. I'm using a YouTrack InCloud trial subscription. How do I subscribe to a commercial plan?
3. How can I pay for YouTrack InCloud?
4. If I choose monthly subscription, do I have to place an order every month?
5. I'm experiencing problems paying for my subscription. What should I do?
6. How can I change my credit card details?
7. I have a monthly subscription. Can I switch to yearly subscription?
8. How can we upgrade to more users?
9. How can we downgrade to fewer users / to the Free plan?
10. Can I purchase YouTrack InCloud through a local reseller?
11. Can I ask for YouTrack InCloud with a customized number of users?
12. Are there any other YouTrack InCloud FAQ?
1. Who is a reseller?
2. How do I find a local reseller?
3. How do I become a JetBrains reseller?
4. What kind of margin do you offer?
5. I have received a quote from JetBrains, can I get the same pricing from a reseller?
6. How does a customer get his/her license certificate when purchasing from a reseller?