Using your JetBrains Account is the fastest and easiest way to activate JetBrains software. However, it requires an internet connection. If you can't connect to the internet to activate your IDE, use an offline activation code.
Offline activation codes are not available for free student and teacher licenses. To activate these, you need to use your JetBrains Account.
Step 1. Generate an activation code
- Sign in to your JetBrains Account.
If you don't have an account yet, see this article to learn how to create one.
- In the license list, find the license you want to activate and click Download activation code for offline usage.
- This will save a ZIP archive to your computer. Go to your Downloads folder and unzip the archive.
- You'll find two text files inside, each containing an activation code. The file names indicate the IDE version that the code inside is intended for. Pick the one that corresponds to the version you're using.
Step 2. Activate your IDE
Open your IDE. If the activation dialog doesn't appear straight away, go to and click Activate New License.
In the Get license from section, select Activation code.
- Drag and drop the file with the activation code into the dialog or copy the code and paste it into the corresponding field.
If the code field is highlighted red and the Activate button is unavailable, make sure that:
You're using the code for your IDE version.
- You've copied and pasted the whole code.
- That's it! Your IDE is now activated. Click Continue to start using it.