Each JetBrains profile can have none or multiple admins. Depending on what admin role(s) your JetBrains Account has, determines how the JetBrains Account website will look and which functions you have available to you.
Even if your JetBrains Account has no admin roles, you can use it in free JetBrains services, community site, and plugin repositories.
Personal license owner
Your JetBrains Account is created as a personal account when you purchase one or more personal licenses from JetBrains.
Moreover, if you have previously purchased personal licenses for JetBrains products, they will appear in your newly created JetBrains Account automatically. If you used a different email address from the one you used for your past purchases, you are able to link your past purchases manually.
This role can be assigned to your JetBrains Account in two ways:
- Situation 1: Your organization has previously purchased other commercial licenses, but used a different email address(es). Now you purchase commercial licenses for the same organization using your email address. In this case, an organization profile will be created with several teams, and you will be automatically assigned as an administrator of the team that corresponds to your purchase. However, you will not have access to the organization profile nor the profiles of other teams.
- Situation 2: You are invited to manage the team.
This role can be assigned to your JetBrains Account in the following ways:
- Situation 1: You have purchased commercial licenses for a specific organization, and all previous purchases for this organization have also been made using your same email address. In this case an organization profile is created with a single team. When an organization has a single team, this is identical to the organization's profile. This does not prevent creating new teams.
- Situation 2: You are invited to manage the organization.
* There may be cases when an organization profile is created automatically with several team profiles. In such cases, no initial administrator role is assigned in the organization profile and therefore nobody can invite any new administrator to this profile.
If this is the case for your organization, you can request JetBrains sales team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to assign the initial administrator to the organization profile.
User of assigned licenses
This role is assigned to your JetBrains Account as soon as an administrator of a team or the organization that owns commercial licenses invites you to use a license and you accept the invitation by creating a JetBrains Account or using your existing one.