Losing access to your mobile device doesn’t mean you get locked out of your JetBrains Account. You can always sign in using one of your recovery codes. However, you need to save the codes in advance while you still have access to your account. This explains how to do it.
If you've already lost access to your mobile device and don't have your recovery codes at hand, see What if I get locked out of my account?
Save your recovery codes in advance
We recommend saving your recovery codes immediately after you set up 2FA, but you can also do it later at any time, as long as you can access your account.
Saving recovery codes during setup
See How do I enable two-factor authentication? for step-by-step instructions. Saving the recovery codes is described in Step 2. Save alternative sign-in options.
Saving recovery codes later
If you didn’t save your recovery codes during setup or accidentally lost them, you can save them later as long as you have access to your account.
To save your recovery codes:
- Sign in to your JetBrains Account.
- At the top of the page, click Your account.
- In the menu on the right, select Password.
- In the Two-factor authentication section, click View recovery codes.
- In the Identification dialog, enter a one-time password from your authenticator app and click Next.
- In the Recovery codes dialog, click Copy recovery codes or Download as TXT.
- Save your codes in a secure location where only you can access them. We recommend using secure applications like 1Password or LastPassword to store recovery codes.
Sign in with a recovery code
To sign in with a recovery code:
- On the sign-in page, enter your username and password and click Sign in. You’ll be prompted to enter a one-time code.
- Instead of the one-time code, enter one of the recovery codes.
Each recovery code only works once, but you can generate a new set of codes in your JetBrains Account at any time.
Generate a new set of recovery codes
You may need to generate a new set of recovery codes if:
- Your recovery codes have been stolen or compromised.
- You have used all of the codes from your current set.
To generate new recovery codes:
- Open the Recovery codes dialog by following steps 1–5 from the Saving recovery codes later section above.
- At the bottom of the dialog, click Re-Generate Codes.
- In the Identification dialog, enter a one-time password from your authenticator app and click Next to see your codes.
Generating a new set of recovery codes invalidates the current one, so make sure to save your new codes in a secure location while discarding the old set.
If your codes are stolen or compromised
If you know or suspect that a third party has gained access to your recovery codes, generate a new set as soon as possible using the instructions above.
As an additional precaution, you may also want to change your password.